Do You Need Drain Cleaning Services in Greensboro, NC?
You have many drains in your home. The two most susceptible to clogging are your kitchen sink and toilet drains. If you notice a clogged drain in your Greensboro, NC, home, you’ll debate whether to use a plunger or cleaner to unclog it. You’ll also ponder whether to hire a professional plumber for drain cleaning services. Read on to learn what to do.
Signs of a Clogged Drain
If you suspect your house has a clogged drain, the worst thing you can do is ignore the problem. That will only make it worse and costlier to repair. Schedule drain cleaning services if you notice one of the following:
- Sinks take longer than usual to drain.
- Musty odors in the rooms with the drains.
- Toilet clogs and overflows frequently.
- Higher water bills without obvious reason.
- Gurgling sounds or formation of air bubbles.
- Standing water around appliances.
Avoid Using a Drain Cleaner
When you notice a clogged drain in your house, your first reaction might be to use a drain cleaner. Drain cleaners contain harmful chemicals that can irritate your eyes, skin and other body parts. What’s more, they damage your pipes and the environment. When possible, avoid using drain cleaners to unclog the drains in your house.
How to Prevent Clogged Drains
Follow these easy tips to prevent clogged drains:
- Don’t put food or grease down kitchen drains.
- Keep hair and soap scum out of bathroom drains.
- Use hair catchers in your shower drains.
- Only flush toilet paper down your toilets.
- Use your trash cans for all your waste.
- Schedule drain cleaning services annually.
Hire a Professional Plumber for Drain Cleaning Services
The safest way to unclog your drains is to schedule drain cleaning services by a professional plumber. Contact Johns Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. today to book your drain cleaning or drain unclogging service in or around Greensboro, NC.